Finding the Proper Work-Life Balance to Support Your Wellness
The information provided herein is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as medical advice or to replace professional medical care. You should always seek the advice of a medical professional before starting any new medication or dietary supplement, as well as when starting new exercise regimens.
Situation: You’ve just been given the power to both pause and fast forward time. What moments in your life would you pause? Which would you fast forward through.
If only you were to be so lucky.
You don’t need to travel into superhero universe to find a healthy work-life balance. It can be found within the 24 hours that come with every new day. With a little bit of planning, creativity and positive energy, finding wellness within your daily and weekly routine can be achieved.
Take these tips to finding balance and incorporate some of them into your schedule. Remember, reaching your wellness goals is a process and small tweaks can end up making a big difference.
- Put your week on paper. Call out big work deadlines, plans you’d like to make with your friends, when you’d like to work out and carve out these hours. When you understand what your week will look like ahead of time, you can make sure you are finding the balance that is best for your overall wellness.
- Follow a routine. Whether it’s working out in the morning, reading before bed or something as simple as taking your daily up4® Probiotic, having a built-in structure each day will help you stay on track and remove some of the added occasional stress in your day.
- Be honest. With yourself, your friends and your employer. It can be easy to equate saying ‘no’ with letting someone down. It’s OK to say ask your manager for help or reschedule with your friends. Sometimes finding balance can mean doing less.
- Manage your working hours. Your work hours should be for work. Having a plan each day will allow you to focus on your tasks without any other distractions. An efficient workday will allow you to enjoy your off hours more fully.
- Join a league or club. Whether it’s a rec kickball team or board-game night, these weekly or bi-weekly activities are something to look forward to and help to break up the work week.
- Make a plan to do nothing. And stick to it. Having an empty social calendar can be an easy reason to fill it with more work, but use this free time for some personal time—whether for a walk, trying a new restaurant or a mini TV binge.
- Assess your wellness. Making sure your wellness regimen is working for you, keeping you healthy and well, will make finding that balance breeze. Does your vitamin fill in where your diet may fall short; does your probiotic provide everyday support like the up4® Probiotics formulas do?<a href=”#d1″>*</a>
Your wellness journey is going to be filled with a lot of peaks and valleys, but the important thing is that you keep on moving forward. Finding that healthy work-life balance will help ensure you find fulfillment in your life and reach your goals.