Baked Japanese Sweet Potato
This is a super light and tasty version of the loaded sweet potato. Crunchy vegetables and Asian flavors pair beautifully with the starchy sweetness. A perfect lunch all by itself, or a nice side to a fresh piece of grilled fish.
1 Japanese sweet potato (or any variety you like), scrubbed and sliced in half lengthwise
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
2 cups bok choy, julienned
4 scallions, julienned
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup daikon radish sprouts
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare dressing by adding the vinegar through the olive oil to a bowl and whisking until combined. Set aside.
- Place potato on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Allow potato to cool and scoop out a bit of the flesh to create a bowl.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing and fill potato with salad. Top with radish sprouts.